To use genomic based technologies to unravel the genome structure and organization of oil palm and explore its full potential for sustainable production.
To develop and apply genomic based diagnostic tools to help improve the efficiency of oil palm breeding and tissue culture.
Strategic Research Areas
- Develop molecular markers and identify genes associated with traits of economic interest.
- Utilize relevant information from the reference oil palm genome build to improve oil palm productivity.
- Utilize high throughput genomic platforms for diagnostic purposes.
- Oil palm molecular cytogenetics and cytometric applications.
Molecular Mapping GroupCytogenetics GroupApplied Genetics & Transcriptomics Group
MDM. TING NGOOT CHIN
MS. NORHALIDA BINTI MOHAMED SERDARI
MS. SITI HAZIRAH BINTI ZOLKAFLI
MDM. NORDIANA HANIM BINTI MOHD NOR
MR. MUHAMMAD AZWAN BIN ZULKIFLI
DR. RAJINDER SINGH
Principal Research Officer
MS. KATIALISA KAMARUDDIN
MDM. INTAN ERNIEZA FARHANA BINTI NIZAN
Genome Analysis Laboratory for Oil Palm ( GALOP )SitogenLab
This facility is set up as a resource centre to serve both the industry and MPOB.
The following facilities are housed in GALOP:
- DNA banking
- to deposit reference materials as cultures, DNA or tissues for future reference.
- DNA fingerprinting
- use of DNA probes as quality control tools in oil palm tissue culture and breeding.
Contact Person : Dr. Rajinder Singh (rajinder@ mpob.gov.my)